Assignment First Impressions

 Well to say that was a busy week was an understatement. I won't lie and say this online learning is easy, for me it's definitely a learning curve. I'm usually most comfortable when I have someone show me exactly what to do and then I'll have no problem going forward. It's not as straight forward this year, but that's not a bad thing! (Here's my growth mindset coming into play)

There's always a helping hand

With regards to this module, I love the class website. I think it's a fantastic way to start the online learning. I know myself that this structure works extremely well for me. The Semester Calendar section has it all drawn out for us what we need to be doing each week, I feel like all other modules should have this kind of structure. It also releases the pressure on the lecturer as he won't have to explain to 80 odd students what to do if they all email him separately. We just have to refer to the website! So easy and efficient. 10/10. Would recommend. 

One of my favourite assignments I looked into this week was the Growth and Fixed mindset task. I feel like delving back into this was important to me. I had let myself get a bit overwhelmed lately but this task helped me take a step back and open my mind out again. I'm also excited to start looking into the Utility Game Engine. I'm slightly nervous as I struggled with Web Development last year, it wasn't my strong point, but I won't let that stop me from trying! I'll be kicking myself if I didn't give it a proper shot, so that I will. 


Comments

  1. Hi Robyn, I agree that this week was a hectic one, considering its the week where the real work comes in action. I admire your motivation towards the work to come, this also motivates me to look forward to work to come even if it will take up a lot of my time, because at the end of the day, we are all learning and gradually building our futures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction - Who is Robyn Trout?

Game Brainstorm

Game Elements