Favourite Game - Subway Surfers

 At the moment, my favourite game is Subway Surfers. I chose this game because it is the only game currently downloaded on my iPhone, meaning it must be my current favourite! It looks like this: 

Subway Surfers Image

I like Subway Surfers because it doesn't have levels. It is an endless runner mobile game that helps pass time when needed. I tend to use it when I'm sitting somewhere like a waiting room, in a car waiting on someone etc. I don't play it every day and I definitely wouldn't say I'm anywhere near addicted but it's good to have a game on your phone to pass time when your mobile network is down in my opinion! 

Subway Surfers is co-developed by two private companies, both based in Denmark. The companies, Kiloo and SYBO Games both used the Utility Game engine to code Subway Surfers and hearing that information is very exciting to me as we are learning the basics of Utility soon, meaning one day I could create something as successful as Subway Surfers! 

To play the game you first download it from the App Store, or the Google Play store if you're using an android. There is no setup needed to play! All you do is press play, and the runner will start running away from you, with your finger you simply swipe left, right, up, or down to dodge obstacles throughout the course.

I like the fact the game has a coin-collecting aspect to it. This way you want to play more once you die. The more coins you collect the more you can purchase in the in-app store. You can purchase utilities such as coin magnets, high-jump boots, and even jetpacks to fly above the obstacle course. 



Comments

  1. Hi Robyn! I am addicted to subway surfers it reminds me of temple run from back in the day. I remember playing it on my huge block of an iPad in first and second year and people were always crowding around me wanting to play as well. Phone games aren't that interesting and they always have constant ad breaks but I feel like this one is very well put together and it's not a mess like other iPhone / Android games - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Robyn! Subway surfers was such an addicting game to me I used to play it all the time when I was younger and I always went against my friends we all used to challenge ourselves on who would get the farthest it gives you that urge to want to keep going and trying over and over again haha the coin collecting was also addictive and then using them in the shop to buy things it was great. This was a nice post to read Robyn such a throwback game :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction - Who is Robyn Trout?

Game Brainstorm

Game Elements